Griffith Child Care Centre Inc provides the highest quality care and education for young children and accommodates the needs of their families in our community.
The staff and management of the Griffith Child Care Centre Inc embrace the following values:
- Each child has the right to be an individual and to have its physical and emotional needs catered for at all times.
- Our care and child-centred early learning program are of the highest possible standard and reflect the latest knowledge and ideas.
- The individuality of parents and families is respected, and our practice of care and education is appropriate to the child’s family situation.
- Our practice respects and reflects the community’s aspirations for care and education of young children.
- Our Centre is responsibly managed and the service provided is affordable within our community.
- The individual needs of staff are respected and the Centre provides a supportive environment for their personal and professional needs.
Griffith Child Care Centre Inc – through its early childhood services Dorothy Waide Centre for Early Learning and Griffith Central Preschool is committed to providing the best quality early childhood care and education for children and families within the Griffith and surrounding community.
Griffith Child Care Centre Inc does this by:
- Creating an early childhood centre that values children’s learning and understands the critical nature of the connection between families and early childhood educators in delivering the best experience for children
- Providing affordable, accessible and equitable care for families across the whole community.
- Valuing a child’s play as a critical learning principle that underpins practice
- Valuing quality environments and resources to stimulate and engage children and adults.
- Providing a values-based service
- Building strong, healthy families and community
- Building confidence and self-esteem in individuals and communities
- Building community capacity
- Developing social networks for parents and children
- Exercising an advocacy role for children and families
- Developing individual potential