Griffith Child Care Centre Inc is run by a Board / Management Committee comprising of;
Four Executive positions
- Vice President
Three General Board Members, including;
- Public Officer
- Staff Liaison Officer.
Our Board is elected at our Annual General Meeting (AGM), which is currently held in June of every year.
The Board are elected as representatives of all families attending our services and are needed to make decisions in the best interest of the organisation. This is done after careful consideration and consultation of all stakeholders involved in the organisation.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Board:
- To be informed and actively participate in decision-making processes affecting the organisation
- To be active contributors in discussions, ideas, suggestions, opportunities, concerns and opinions involved within the organisation.
- To act independently and not at the influence of others.
- To use any information gained through the position of the Board appropriately and ensure it is in the best interest of the organisation
- To consider any actions proposed are in the best interest of the organisation
- To ensure compliance with legal obligations
- To determine the organisation’s service mission and purpose.
- To review and monitor policies.
- To develop an organisational Strategic Plan.
- To appoint and monitor the performance of Manager, Nominated Supervisors, Responsible Persons and Educational Leaders
- To ensure the ongoing financial viability of the organisation
- To enhance the profile of the organisation within the community.
- To collaborate with the Manager and Nominated Supervisors as the ‘professionals in the field’